A Conversation

In the late hours of the night, when the clock had long passed two, a sense of tranquility filled the dimly lit yet cozy room, where two figures rested. She nestled beside him, her head finding solace on his chest. "You should go off to sleep now. Let's continue this conversation tomorrow," he murmured, his weariness evident in a gentle yawn. "I don't feel sleepy at all. Please talk for some time," she requested, her voice reflecting an eager excitement.
 
Responding to her enthusiasm, he mustered up energy to indulge her curiosity. "Ummm, okay! Let me ask you something," she began, her voice brimming with enthusiasm. "What did you feel when you saw me for the first time?"

A nostalgic smile played on his lips as he tried to articulate his feelings. "Well, I was like, I mean, how do I put it into words?" he pondered. "I wasn't in my senses, I guess. You looked stunning then, just as you do now. Your mesmerizing smile, your wide eyes, your pink cheeks—well, everything about you was so overwhelming. I couldn't help but fall in love with you at that very moment," he fondly recollected, his mind drifting back to the day when he first laid eyes on her.

"And?" she inquired, her curiosity piqued as she gazed at him intently, eager for every detail.

"And then when you looked at me, or, I should say, when our eyes met, it wasn't exactly a long look but just a fleeting glance, and I was enchanted. I had been waiting for that moment for quite some time, and it finally happened. Thank you for making that day so special for me forever," he continued, reliving the cherished memories that had been etched in his heart.

Over the course of 12 years, they had built an inseparable bond filled with care, love, and mutual possessiveness. He cherished her deeply, and she protected and adored him equally.

Her curiosity didn't wane, and she sought to understand her significance in his life. "Why don't I remember anything about it?" she inquired, genuinely curious about the moment that had ignited their love story. He simply smiled, knowing that sometimes the most magical moments are best experienced without memory, for they hold a unique charm of their own.

"You know, I had waited for a long time to be able to talk to you, to hear your voice, and to be able to communicate with you. And when we did, it was magical. Your tender voice was so soothing to my ears that I wished you could talk to me day in and day out," he confessed, reminiscing about the thrill of their initial conversations.

Her eyes fixed on the rotating fan above as she listened intently to his heartfelt expressions. An overwhelming desire to understand the depth of his love compelled her to ask another question. "Tell me one thing. Why do you love me so much?" she implored, yearning for an explanation that could put her heart at ease.

Once again, he responded with a smile, playfully teasing her before answering sincerely. "Please, you need to answer this," she insisted, not willing to let him off the hook so easily.

"Well, I love you because I love you. Simple," he replied, affectionately acknowledging the enigmatic power of love. Her stare didn't relent, encouraging him to elaborate further.

"Okay, okay! I love you because you are beautiful. I love you for the purity of your heart and the beauty of your soul. I love you because you complete me. You make me a better person. I love you because you make me smile by just smiling yourself. Your innocence, your sensibilities, the way you handle me—take care of me for everything. And above all, I love you because you love me," he responded, eloquently describing the myriad reasons that rendered his heart wholly devoted to her.

As he finished expressing his love, he noticed her finally succumbing to sleep, her eyes closing in peaceful surrender. Gently, he lifted her head off his chest and tenderly laid her down beside him. Taking a sip of water from the glass on the side table, he switched off the lights, preparing to embrace sleep.

In the quietude of the night, as he was about to drift off, a drowsy voice broke the silence. "You know Dad? I love you more than you love me," she mumbled, her words carrying a heartwarming innocence. "Because you are the best father in the world!" she proclaimed, her sleepy yet heartfelt confession bringing a smile to his face.
 
He leaned over and kissed her forehead with utmost tenderness. These simple words were enough to bring boundless joy to the heart of a single father, cherishing the priceless moments with his beloved 12-year-old daughter.

Comments

  1. Superb Zubin bhai 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunil Mankotia23 July 2023 at 10:31

    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and beautiful. Captured and elaborated the mood and moment soo well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written 👍👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priyank Raj Shah27 July 2023 at 20:41

    Very beautiful lines, describing the Father-Daughter love and bonding

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post Your Comments Here !!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Road trip

Waves

Valentine's Day