Rakshabandhan || FICKLE EMOTIONS




"Remember those days when you used to hold my hand and drop me to the school? You would comb my hair, polish my shoes, get me wear that Tie around my neck, tie the laces and then finally wake me up!!" gushed Satish. "How you used to make me study, prepare me for the exams, worry about my marks and then shield me from dad when my results would come!! Those were the days Didi." he continued.

"And then when I started attending college, it was you who decided which stream should I enroll into, which college I should go to and gifted me your scooter to commute (Although I fought for a new one)! Now when I look back, I realize how much I was dependent on you." Satish said while reminiscing on those days.

"I remember the day you were getting married. I was super busy in the preparations and had for the moment forgotten that you were going to leave us that day. I somehow did not cry when you were leaving because I wanted you to smile and not be weak. But for the entire journey back home I cried like a baby. The thought of you not been around, not been in the next room was overwhelming. It was that day when I released How much I loved you. Perhaps it was that day when I grew Up!" he continued while getting a bit emotional.

"Then started the phase of our long phone calls when I would call you for any and every advice with regards to my career, life, family, finance and what not! And you were there, always. Guiding me through, Encouraging me to do better, Pacifying me during the tough times and eventually making me a better and wiser person in the process." he paused. Tears started rolling down his eyes as he held his sister's hand.

"I have craved every single day to hear your voice, to talk to you, to see you smile.....to just see you wake up !!!" he continued while bursting into tears. 

"Happy Rakshabandhan Didi. And I know you are and will always be there protecting me." saying that he tied a Rakhi on her wrist. His Didi was still, lying on the hospital bed. This had been her state...state of Coma since past 3 years. 



The Blog series titled 'Fickle Emotions' continues.

Love, Like and Share!!

Happy Rakshabandhan!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Post Your Comments Here !!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Road trip

Waves

Valentine's Day