Being 'A Single Child'

Being a Single Child is a Unique Experience in itself , something that you did not ask for, something that you could not have even altered!!
I am a Single Child and have often been asked how it is to be without a Sibling.

Well here I am penning a few thoughts of what it is to be the only one!

1. You are the apple of the eye for your parents!!
2. There isn't any bias!
3. You don't need to share!
4. You get new stuff....Rolled over things from your elder ones aren't there!
5. A lot is expected only and only from you (there ain't anyone else for them)
6. You eventually end up having more siblings than the others!! Neighbours, friends, relatives and all eventually are your siblings!
7. You grow up being extreme...either too introvert or too extrovert!!
8. You have a Lot of Space.....you have not been accustomed to the word Share!!
9. You grow up amidst a lot of care, scrutiny, love and dare!!


10. Your stress ends up being yours...You try to just make people happy...coz you need them.
11. You tend to become a Claustrophobic mentally!
12. Sharing still dosent come easy to you! Remember you have been bought up with a hell lot of a space.
13. Of course there is a lot of love between the real siblings, you end up with more number of such true bonds...for life...without baggage!!
14. People feel you are notorious coz being the only child...their kids unfortunately have a different address!!
15. My parents don't have to chose whom to stay with!!! I stay at their home...bought by me....!!Pun...emotions and my sanskaars included!!!
16. I don't feel the need to be connected to someone by blood....connections by heart and mind are enough!!
17. My parents 30 years back felt 1 was enough!! Today ... 1 for me is more than enough!!
18. I am best friends with my parents today...I feel being the only child made this happen!!
19. Property is properly distributed....!! Haha!!!
20. Being single isn't for Sympathy....being Single is for the Limelight!!

Not all can and will relate to this...No prejudice against the decisions that a couple takes.
I feel a single child is more sensitive, forgiving, loving, fierce, arrogant, determined and loyal, just because his initial point of connect has always been his parents and the next ..his pals  ( bond for life)
I am a Single Child....I am a father of a single child...I love the way I am bought up...fed...taught...educated...loved and cared...
To coerce oneself as a necessity to have 2 kids for whatever emotional or financial reasons is ones own thought!!!
I feel lucky....I feel privileged to BEING A SINGLE CHILD!!


Like...share and comment if you feel like!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Road trip

Waves

Valentine's Day