That Childhood Friend!!

Childhood Memories are I guess the best memories...Memories which we always cringe to re-live...Memories which I feel one can never be shy of...Memories which I believe are here to stay. And then you have in those Memories.....Your Childhood Friend..I term it My Chaddi Buddy!!

Born in the same year,the same locality and the same family backgrounds..the buddy becomes your 1st playmate.
The buddy is the reason your mother is forgotten for the day...
The Term Friend is yet alien...but your Buddy becomes your Partner (in crime).
You have 2 sets of Parents suddenly...and guess what you like your Buddy's parents a bit more.
The toys..the cycles..the mischievous are all the same...you no longer are just friends....But on the verge of forming a Gang!!
The gang grows so does your bond...other kids are now envious!!
You also do hate your Buddy's other friends...the term 'Space' was inexistent then!!
The good things were always shared (often showed off) and the bad things were often learnt together..with a Giggle and of course a lot of thrashing!!
You grow up eventually and things start shifting a notch higher...The Camaraderie being constant, discussions revolve around Marks and stuff(and you compete with one another).
Time moves on...life evolves...addresses change...And then there suddenly is a Lul!!
New Friends and acquaintances..new lease of life..the Buddy somewhere is lost in Transition!!
The daily meets are often supplemented via random phone calls...Casual and Mature Talks..and that's it.
There comes a Passage which goes in dark...when life takes its toll on both of you and you just don't know what was wrong!!
An event then triggers..you both are back to regular chats...it seems as if picking up the bits from where you had left...


Times have evolved now..you and your buddy have all grown up..one thing remains constant though....the Camaraderie and the Faith!!
Conversations are all but emotional...you realise eventually between you both, one is an adult and another one a Kiddo.
The comfort zone is now at its peak..the emotional melodrama is always in the chats.
The reunions are funny only to you both...your jokes are jokes to only u two..the rest wonder what's with that wolfish smile.
You go to University..Do your PG..your new friends also end up knowing your Buddy..
The relationships..ala crushes are always criticised by you buddy (The term Space is still inexistent)
Marriages happen...life takes a twist...your Buddy is the one who ..
1.questions about your readiness.
2.criticises your choice of spouse.
3.gives you the confidence during the pre wedding anxiety.
4. Takes care of the wedding event.

The efforts are now made to be pals with the buddy's spouse...the efforts are still on!!
The occasional meets soldom turn up in laughter...most often with teary eyes.
The buddy is still the 1st thing that comes to your mind in sadness and in sadness...touchwood for he/she is always there!!
As time evolves you know your Buddy is your biggest cynic...and you are proud of that fact.
The plans of reliving the old memories are often made...over the weeks, months and years...Alas!! I and my Buddy are still making them!!!
All I know is the Buddy who has been there for 30 years of my Life...is gonna be there for the rest of it as well!!

I am as a lot many of you are Privileged being to have that buddy in my life!!

As they say 'Na Duniya ka gham tha na rishto ke bandhan, badi khoobsurat thi woh Zindagaani'

Do like and share if this blog reminds you of your chaddi buddy!

Just a special note for few of mine in my way -
This is to all my buddies....

You are the 1st thing NEHA , I know in my Life...you understand me much more than my 4 year old wife!!
You were my opening partner Jay in everything that we did....talking to you is like rewinding back...I so much wish I was again a Kid!!
You were always an elder sis Sejal...we have spent the most of Time.....touchwood we still love each other...we had salt we ensured we have our lime.
You are my kiddo bro Harsh..don't need to tell you much...I am proud to see you grow up ...you have taken my responsibilities as such!!
Sulay sulay was my daily shout !!! Hey that was a no ball...why am I given out!!
Then there was you Nisha...A scholar in the making...it took us a lot of beating and lot of hard hit Taking!!!
You were the cutest of us all Qvitta..we all have for you fought a lot....your grand dad was a superman...he had all the things sort!!
You came in a bit late Varun...still turned out to be a Pal...you now being a Trump Guy...it ain't easy to Call!!

My life...My Buddies...feel lucky enough to have so many pals....if you all connect to this....please comment and share..


Comments

  1. Loved every word of it !!! And trust me - I am privileged too to have you as one of the most special friends I will ever have. Can't recreate that bond ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason why my childhood has been soo happy is u. It's because of ur jokes n funny acts would make me laugh my heart out. U made me cry, u made me laugh, u made me feel special, u made me compete for marks.. These memories r soo special that i wish v had recap in our life too.. U were, u are n u will always be a very special buddy for me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading my name there feels like the space is indeed inexistent. This blog is truly a treat to all the readers as each one will strongly relate to every single word written there. Thank you for this beautiful gift, all your childhood friends are going to cherish it for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree to every word of it.. the write up opens all old memories reviving our childhood.. those days .. the childhood buddies .. our best days.. am sure every reader Ll be reminscient of their best childhood friend.. after all there's a child in all of us however old we become.. 👍🏼Wonderful thoughts.. tobe cherished forever...good write up and agree our sad times and best times can be shared best by our buddies..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post Your Comments Here !!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Road trip

Waves

Valentine's Day